with bowl games starting to heat up and the super bowl right around the corner, I wanted to share the easiest, festive treat for gameday with y’all! ps, if you are hosting a party and want an adorable football table runner – check this out! anyway, I just made these little treats a few weeks ago for the SEC championship, so I did auburn and georgia colors – but obviously, you can choose whatever colors you want to root for your team! if the standard bag of m&ms doesn’t include your colors, just hit up your local party city as they have a ton of m&ms colors to choose from.
-70 square pretzels (do NOT use butter snaps)
-70 hershey’s hugs chocolates (1 full 12 oz package unwrapped)
70 milk chocolate m&m’s, your color choice
- preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- line a cookie sheet with parchment paper – I didn’t do this, but take it from me, it’s a must!
- align pretzels on cookie sheet in a single layer then top each pretzel with one hershey’s hug.
- bake in preheated oven for 4 – 5 minutes, until the chocolate is shiny and soft (but NOT melting, the chocolates should still hold their shape)
- remove from oven and carefully place one m&m in the center of each soft hug and press down to spread the chocolate.
- place in refrigerator and allow to rest until chocolate has set, about 5 minutes. store in an airtight container.