a couple of weeks ago, I traveled to toronto for a work training, which I was pretty excited about and it definitely didn’t disappoint [both the training and the city]. stephen joined me toward the end of the week to make a weekend out of it. we stayed near downtown and were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go for the most part. the irony of the whole trip was that toronto received no snow, while our home in georgia got 10 inches… which is absolutely nuts. if you find yourself in toronto during the winter, I have five super fun things you must do! be sure to check back for our trip to niagara falls and niagara on the lake 🙂
1. ice skating and street shopping market at city hall
2. maple leafs game and/or a raptors, blue jays, or toronto FC game. for maple leafs tickets, bring cash and scalp them after the game starts for a lower rate.
3. theatre – elgin and winter garden theatre [photo via]
we were lucky enough to see grease the musical, it was fantastic!
4. christmas market at the distillery district
5. try the local delicacy poutine: french fries, cheese curds, and gravy
have you been to toronto before? what was your favorite thing to do?