-1 c. mushrooms
-1/4 c. diced yellow onion
-1/2 c. chopped asparagus
-1.5 c. shredded swiss cheese
-1 c. heavy cream
-1/3 c. milk
-1/2 t. dry mustard
-1 (9-inch) pie crust
1. preheat the oven to 375 degrees. grease the pie plate and assemble the uncooked dough on the plate, crimping the edges of the crust.
2. saute the mushrooms in a skillet for about 3 minutes. season with salt and stir in onions and asparagus. saute for another 3 minutes.
3. scatter half the cheese across the bottom of the pie crust. in a medium bowl, beat the eggs, cream, milk, and mustard.
4. pour the sauteed vegetables, drained, over the layer of cheese. top with egg mixture and remaining cheese.
5. cover the edges of the crust with a crust shield or tin foil. bake for 45 minutes, after 20 minutes, remove the crust cover and continue to bake.