-2 tbsp vegetable oil (or other neutral oil)
-1 garlic clove, finely chopped
-1 block -14oz (396g) medium firm tofu
-2 T. sriracha sauce
-1 T. soy sauce
-1½ T. honey
-1 T. rice vinegar
-corn starch for dusting (about 2 T.)
-1 t. sesame oil
-1 T. sesame seeds
1. drain tofu and wrap in paper towel to remove excess water. repeat 3 to 4 times until the tofu is drier. allow the tofu to rest on paper towels while you complete the next step.
2. whisk sriracha, soy sauce, honey, and rice vinegar in a bowl and set aside.
3. slice tofu into 1 inch cubes. dust tofu with potato starch until all sides are coated.
4. in a large pan over high heat, add oil and garlic and fry for 30 seconds. add tofu and fry until the sides are slightly golden (about 7 minutes).
5. add sauce and stir while coating tofu cubes. cook for 3 minutes.
6. turn the heat off and add sesame oil and sesame seeds. stir once more to evenly coat tofu cubes and serve.
recipe adapted from the pickled plum