recipe adapted from the girl who ate everything
2 ½ c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
11 T. unsalted butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar, packed
½ c. granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 t. vanilla
½ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c. mini marshmallows
3 regular sized Hershey’s bars, broken into rectangular pieces
1-2 packages graham crackers, broken into squares
1. in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon to combine. set aside.
2. cream butter with white and brown sugar until light and fluffy. add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
3. add the flour mixture to the butter mixer and combine on low speed. fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows. chill dough in refrigerator for 1 hour. if you need to refrigerate longer, it’s no problem.
4. preheat the oven to 375 degrees. line baking pans with parchment paper. I used two 9 x 13 pans.
5. lay out graham crackers side by side on the pans as close as possible. place tablespoons of dough on graham crackers about 1 – 1 ½ inches apart. press down slightly with fingertips.
6. bake for 5 minutes then remove from oven to press hershey’s bar pieces on to the top. you can place as many pieces or as little as you want depending how much chocolate flavor you want.
7. bake for an additional 5 – 7 minutes or more if your cookies are thicker. they will be done when the edges begin to turn golden brown. remove to a wire rack to cool. for clean cutting make sure cookies are completely cool and cut with a sharp knife.