a few months ago, one of my coworker friends was heating up something delish in the micro for lunch… they were zucchini noodles. at first, it sounded interesting, then my next thought was seriously how do you even make zucchini noodles?? it seemed daunting to me, for a second I even wondered if each noodle was sliced by hand… HA I was totally clueless.
turns out, all it takes is one seriously amazing vegetable spiralizer for $30 and the rest is history. now I’m a complete addict, with zoodles at least once a week. huge thanks to nicole to the nines for inspiring me to buy a spiralizer, make zoodles, and for teaching me how to cook them. did I mention that you can have zoodles for dinner on the table in less than 5 minutes? life changing! and if you’re worried the guy in your life might not be ready to take the veggie vs pasta plunge – it’s definitely man approved. pasta-loving stephen actually told me he prefers the zucchini.
so first things first, buy this paderno spiralizer. with three different blades, you’ll have lots of spiralizing options in your future.
-1 medium zucchini per person
-1 jar of pasta sauce, your choice
-parmesan to top
-meatballs or any other “protein” you want to add, could also be chunks of mozzarella cheese + basil if you want to go meatless
1. wash the zucchini. pour desired amount of sauce in a skillet on the stove top. heat over low to medium heat.
2. meanwhile, spiralize your zucchini. this takes literally 1 minute.
3. after the sauce has heated up, dump your zoodles into the hot pasta sauce and toss to coat thoroughly.
4. allow to cook for another minute or so, until the noodles are cooked to your desired state between crunchy “al dente” to softer.
5. add in any protein and top with parmesan – serve and enjoy!