on the weekends, I normally have two conflicting agendas: do nothing at all AND get a lot done. be lazy AND productive. this weekend was no exception – I transformed an outdoor flower planter to an indoor bar cart… all without leaving the house. win!
it’s winter and all my plants are dead so the planter looked quite depressing outside meanwhile my boyfriend gifted me a wine fridge months ago that I’d been wanting to give more love by adding a bar cart to make it more of an ‘area’ if you will.
I brought the planter indoors and cleaned it all up. it needs a new coat of paint but I can’t be motivated to head to home depot so that will happen soon, but not today. I moved the wine fridge next to the planter-turned-bar-cart and brought out a pair of all my glasses to place in a tray on top of the fridge: champagne, white wine, red white, and martini.
I love being able to display some cool things I have from overseas on the cart: absenthe from paris, cachaca from brazil, amarula from south africa, a wine holder from south korea, beer steins from munich, etc. here’s what else I gathered to create my impromptu bar cart:
1. fun straws displayed in a mason jar, target
2. unique glassware: moscow mule mugs, vintage champagne glasses, mint julep cups, steins from germany, etc. pick one and make it a focus.
3. wine charms displayed in a mason jar
4. array of napkins, bed bath and beyond or online
5. badass coasters, anthropologie (mine are c. wonder RIP)
6. plenty of wine stoppers also displayed in a mason jar
also: trays, memorable bottle of wine for display, matchbooks from special dinners, cocktail shaker, wine/beer bottle opener, and cocktail recipe books